Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tacky (And Hopefully Not)

Two days in a row with an afternoon run. Totally unlike me, but today, it worked in my favor, as I even enjoyed a bit of blue sky and sun while running! And despite not sleeping much at all last night, I actually felt pretty good out there, which was a nice surprise. Still a bit sniffly/stuffy, but hopefully on the mend.

The snow as good and tacky, perfect for screwshoe running! And some brave soul had even gotten out on their skate skis around Mt. Ararat - I had to laugh at that one, as there was some pretty sketchy stretches, with water, dirt and rocks showing through - but the snow was likely pretty good for skiing too, if you could get around the obstacles. A snowmobile or two had been out between Mt. Ararat and the hill right after Rt. 24, both packing the snow down and churning it up, if that makes sense. Once I was down on the flats headed towards Bay Park and Lover's Lane, it appeared that someone had been out with a groomer, as the top layer of snow had actually been scraped off. Very odd, but nice running! I got in a good 5.7 miles, and even managed to run less than a 10-minute mile pace, the quickest run I've had on the powerlines recently. Ha.

~

The reason I was out running late was that we were working on the loft and Sam's room this morning. Part of the reasoning behind organizing the loft, aside from creating an office space for Ryan, was to create enough room to move the double bed out of Sam's room and upstairs. The bed has always been crammed into her room, leaving no room for her to play. Which was never a big deal when she was smaller, but now that she's getting older, we thought she would really enjoy some additional play space. And finally, today, we managed to get the loft organized enough to move the bed upstairs, which let me rearrange her room. Hurray!

For those of you who remember what Sam's room used to look like (Grandparents and great-grandparents, I mean you! :-)), here are a few shots of how it looks as of this afternoon! I'm very excited with how it came out, and she loved it too!

New toy shelf [which used to be in my old room as a kid]

Crib

Comfy chair for the adults to sit in

The first thing Sam did when she saw the new set-up 
was remove everything from the shelves :-)

No comments: