Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Four

Sam and I were up today well before 6am this morning, as she woke up with wet PJs and a wet bed. Perhaps she's grown enough that we need to go up a size in the overnight diapers? Or maybe it is all the "practicing" she is doing with a big-girl cup in the bathtub at bath time? :-) In any event, it was much too early to be up, and I felt like I was ready for it to be bedtime by the time the clock was reading 8:30 am. Not a good thing! During those first three hours, I spilled my coffee all over the table, Sam dumped her cheerios everywhere and knocked over the milk carton, and Gigi somehoww knocked the noise machine off the dresser. Oh boy.

Sam and I headed off to Pineland Farms for the 10am story time, as we really just needed a change of scenery in an attempt to turn the day around, and it seemed to work, thank goodness! Sam enjoyed the stories about the snow, the snack, and racing around like a crazy maniac without her socks on for a bit too. We came home for lunch, and she went down fairly easily for her nap. Ryan was nice enough to take over the monitor for a bit so that I could get out for a short run. I ran the short Highland Green loop, adding an extra mile on the road, for four miles. The new snow was a nice tacky surface on the powerlines and along the trail between Highland Green and the Mt. Ararat field, and although I felt a bit creaky after yesterday, it felt good to get out and get a few endorphins going. Here's hoping for a good afternoon!

No comments: