Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tired 5

I swear, I am always tired. Someone, anyone with kids. Tell me it will get better. Last night there was lots of coughing and screaming. And although Sam awoke in great spirits, by 3:00 I was on my way to daycare to pick her up. She had a high fever and was coughing again. I took her to the doctor's, not really because of the fever or cough, but because her breathing seemed labored. Turns out her lungs are fine, she was just "panting" a bit from the fever. But she did have yet another ear infection. *sigh* Poor kiddo. I see another rough night ahead. Sam's been in bed for an hour but it hasn't been restful, that's for sure.

Anyway, back to this morning. After dropping Sam off at daycare, I headed out to the Highland Green road for a spin. Actually, it was more of a shuffle, but I got in my 5 miles. I think I need to retire my screw shoes. The balls of my feet have been hurting, and I'm wondering if the shoes are just worn down and my feet are not happy for it. I ran in my 315s today, without screws, and they had more than enough traction on the snow that is left, and work well on the roads too. I came back in via Mountain Road and the trails that connect to the Mt. Ararat fields. People had been out both walking and skiing on the groomed (but not recently) trails. The surface made for some fine running. I wish the whole run had been on that hard-packed, grippy surface!

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

my youngest of 5 kids is now 28 years old and though there is always an element of worry, I am sure I have not had my sleep affected for at least a few years.....so it seems you will be feeling better when Sam is 25 or so....