Friday, February 17, 2012

Is It April Already?

Almost as soon as I took my first steps out the door, it started. Was it just a heavy mist? Or rain? Or snow? I think snain is the best word for it. Whatever it was, it simply added to the rather dreary atmosphere on a morning that felt more like mid-April than mid-February. I jumped a few puddles and sighed. Luckily, the temp was hovering right around 40 degrees so the precipitation wasn't that bad, but still. What is up with this winter?!

I was wearing my new Inov-8 295s (loving the roomier toe box right now!), and felt light on my feet. But the shoes weren't screwed, so the powerline trails, now a mix of bare ground, mud, snow and ice, seemed a bit too treacherous. And the back Highland Green road was a sheet of glimmering, wet ice. So out and back on the road I went. Got in an uneventful, rather soggy five miles, and am happy to say that with it, I hit 40 miles for the week. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the mileage up for the next few weeks and put in a good chunk of work towards the 50 miler!

1 comment:

mindy said...

Ugh, we didn't have any of the mistsnowsleet here. Definitely feeling spring-like though (I kinda like it). Great miles this week!!