Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shoes

Sorry to have missed what sounded like an awesome time at Val & Linda's for yesterdays Fat Ass. But glad Ryan was able to go and hang out and see all our friends, and glad to hear everyone had what sounded like some tough but really good running!

Although it certainly can't compare to a fun run with friends, I hit the powerlines for a nice 5 miles this morning on the Homeplace loop. But before I headed out the door, because I had gotten rid of my 282s, I had to make screw shoes out of my 315s. I wasn't sure I trusted the powerlines to be clear enough of ice to just wear my new 295s, and I am glad I took the time to make the screw shoes, as they were a good choice for the morning. The trail was a mix of packed snow, solid ice, frozen mud and soft mud with a little bit plain old bare ground thrown in for good measure. It was a beautiful blue sky morning, with not a cloud in the sky, and temps were perfect. I was happy to get out and feel good.

Here is Sam very nicely modeling my snazzy new 295s right out of the box:

Do you think these fit?

Perfect!

And this morning, she was a wonderful helper as I made my screw shoes. What? Your kids don't do this with you?! :-) But seriously, she very carefully passed me a screw at a time, and held the shoe while I got everything in place. What a good little girl! And yes, she is destined to either really love or hate running, given all the running we do around here!

My little helper

Making sure Mama is doing it right!


3 comments:

pathfinder said...

With you two as roll models, I suspect she will become an awesome runner!!

Scout said...

Kevin could have just finished that sentence at awesome :)

I love the grin she has on modeling your shoes!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys :-)