Saturday, February 11, 2012

Light Snow

I headed out for a short 3 mile run this morning as a light snow began to fall. My legs felt a bit heavy, but loosened up a bit as I ran along, and I was happy to feel that I could at least get in a little fast-turnover as I ran along Canam Drive in the final stretch. It makes me shake my head a bit that I can feel so tired after a week of only 35 miles, but such is life. I suppose the hard effort of Sunday's 10 miler combined with a few nights of up-every-hour with a child who is coughing and crying from her ear infection will do that. In any event, I am happy that I at least managed to eke out the 35 miles, which means that for the first time in a few weeks I actually managed to get in the weekly miles I was shooting for. We'll see if I can keep it up as the weeks continue and the long runs get longer. But first, tomorrow's White Out! An alternate course, due to snow levels, which looks like it will be a twisty turny interesting snowshoe for sure!

No comments: