Monday, February 6, 2012

Sam at 28 months

It is truly amazing to me that Sam is almost 2 1/2 years old! She is still my little baby, but more and more, she is looking and acting like a little girl. It is fun to watch. I don't even think I can begin to document all the silly little things she says and does, but she keeps us laughing, that's for sure!

Here are a few of the most recent adorable things she is saying/learning/etc:

~ "Oh, that's a good idea." In perfect context, ie. if I say we should get another book to read, or if I ask her if she'd like more of something or other to eat.

~ She has a number of ever-so-slightly off phrases that are ever-so-cute. Like "last morning." As in, yesterday morning. Or "lay up," instead of sit up. Or "what's your birthday for?" when she wants to know when someone's birthday is.

~ I recently redid her room, and she calls it "my special room." I am so happy she likes it!

~ She knows that her birthday is in October. "And Annie's is October too!" (Annie is her best friend at school, and her birthday is indeed in October.) She gets so excited to tell us they both have October birthdays. Precious!

~ She has learned our names. She now calls me "my momma Danielle (pronounced Dyell)," and knows that Ryan is "her daddo Ryan," Irene is "Grammie Irene," and Dana is "Grampie Dana." I'm sure when my parents are here these next few weeks, she will learn their names too. She also knows that Grammie and Grampie live in Georgetown, but she says "nooooo!" when we tell her we live in Topsham :-) Um, yes, honey, indeed we do.

~ She is learning some opposites, and tells us that Mama is little and Sammy is little, and Daddo is big :-)

~ She can sing all the words to "Old McDonald," "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Happy Birthday," "ABC Song," and "The Bear Went Over the Mountain." She knows a few words to "Twinkle Twinkle" and I am sure there are other songs she is learning at daycare, because we hear her singing to herself at bedtime and can't quite figure out what the tune is!

~ She always wants to know what we are doing, etc. She says, with a funny little accent, "Whatcha doing Mama?" "Whatcha eatin' Daddo?" "Whatcha wearin'?" Very funny.

~ She is very polite, using thank you and please correctly and mostly without prompting. She also says "bless you" when someone sneezes, is learning to cough into her sleeve and says "Excuse me" when she burps or farts. How nice!

I am sure there is more, but those are the things that come to mind, and make me smile! Oh Sammy, we love you so! [even if you do drive us nuts every once in a while!]

Building a "big tower" with Grampie this weekend
(note the inattentive parents in the background. Ha! :-) )

3 comments:

Scout said...

Last morning is perfectly fine. I love your Sam updates; don't stop :)

Sparkplug said...

I know, it really does make sense. As does lay up. Why would it be sit up? It's not sit down (well, there is a sit down but that's not the same thing). Boy, does the english language have a lot of exceptions!

unstrung said...

I also like "last morning". Love the stuff little people come up with.