Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wander to the River

Thanks to Mindy and Val for their words of wisdom after yesterday's post! It's good to have friends who understand where you are coming from, but nonetheless won't let you get too down about things :-)

I woke up this morning feeling like a long run wasn't going to happen. It might be a cop out but I am definitely run down from this cold, and lack of sleep, and I decided that I was going to make up a Plan B for the week to take that into account. Yes, this is week #2 of the 50 miler training plan, and I'm already deviating, but hey, I have never really been one to actually follow a plan :-) I could have felt badly about this, but amazingly, I didn't. I figure that if I'm going to run the 10 miler on Sunday, I might as well go into it as rested as I can and what's the point of running myself down the next few days? I might be rationalizing, of course, but it makes sense to me!

So, after a productive morning working in the loft, I finally got myself out the door around 2pm for a run. I decided I would head down to the river for a change of pace. The trails weren't quite as packed as I might have thought, so it was a little slow going, but I sort of had fun tromping through the snow. Snow was falling lightly, the river was running and there were lots of animal tracks along the way. I got in a slow 5.3 miles and was happy to have gotten out, even if it wasn't the run the plan called for.

3 comments: