Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Six in the Commons

No job is perfect. And while I really wish I didn't have to work Saturdays at the gallery, I do realize that I am lucky to essentially have a part-time schedule for the first three months of the year. Today marked the start of my reduced gallery schedule for 2012 - hurray!

I did a bunch of errands this morning after dropping Sam off at daycare and then headed over to the Commons for a mellow 6 mile run. It was cold. And windy. While my core got warm as I ran along, my ears and face and hands stayed cold pretty much the whole time. Brrr! Not even the woods could help me hide from the wind today! But the skies were blue, the trails were quiet, and there wasn't much ice to contend with, so I'll say it was a successful run!

Once my run was done, I made myself pancakes for lunch (yum!) and spent the last few hours working on paperwork, paying bills, etc. While I'd love to say the two extra days off a week I do get over the next few months will be spent lounging around eating bon bons and doing a whole lot of relaxing, there is always always something to do, and I somehow think I'll always end the day saying, 'What? You mean my 8 hours are up?!' :-) But I'm not complaining, I promise.

No comments: