Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cathance Meander

I had pondered heading to the Brad this morning for a long run, but honestly, I didn't quite feel up for it. I've definitely picked up a bit of a cold from Sam, nothing terrible, but enough to make me feel a little low on energy and send me running for the tissues every few minutes. Silly runny nose! However, I didn't want to give up on getting in a double-digit run today, so I decided to just stick close to home and hit the trails along the Cathance for 10 miles. Not quite the miles I had originally hoped for, but better than nothing! If things got went downhill while I was out there, I could always cut things short. Luckily, it never got to that point, but I did end up taking a long time to wander through those 10 miles! It was a combination of my lack of energy and the trail conditions. While the trails don't get slick like those at Bradbury, when you combine the twists and turns of some of the tight singletrack with major uneven footing due to serious hoar frost, it can make for slow going! But, if there is ever a place to be going slowly, it is on these trails. The river was beautiful, the rapids in particular, and the woods were quiet.

After I got home and had a little lunch, I headed out to do some errands but was cut short by a call from daycare. Sam just wasn't acting like herself, and was saying her ear hurt. Now, I am not doubting her, but I also wonder if she was just saying that because we had mentioned it this morning, especially as there are a few other kids with ear infections in the room at the moment. Ah well. I had the time and opportunity, so I picked up and we headed home. She was very happy to be home with us, and in a good mood for the rest of the afternoon. Maybe she just wanted a little more Mama and Daddo time?! :-) Since I hadn't gotten to it, she "helped" me make pumpkin muffins, making a mighty mess in the process but certainly having a lot of fun!

Baking is all about precise measurements :-)

No comments: