Monday, January 9, 2012

Finger Paint Fun

Turns out Sam has an ear infection, but the doctor said it's in the early stages so the medicine should work pretty quickly and she should be feeling better soon. In fact, honestly, she was much better today than I would have expected and in a pretty good mood for most of the day, a feat considering the ear infection, the coughing and the really stuffy nose, but I am not complaining! That certainly made my day much easier!

We had our doctor's appointment at 10:30 this morning, so to keep her occupied before then, I suggested painting. She was very excited, and we painted with regular paints for quite a while on the big pad that Auntie Meg got her for Christmas (thanks Meghan!). Once she started wanting to simply pour out the water onto the paper instead of actually paint, I figured it was time to move on, so we headed for the table and I pulled out the smock and finger paints. Sam had a great time painting, both the paper and herself :-) Oh, and a bit on the table too! Even clean-up was fun - I think I got about a 1/2 hour of fun out of pulling up the stool to the sink and letting her "clean her hands" (ie. play in the water and make a mess). A fun Monday morning art class :-)

Squiggles and swirls

Getting messy

In motion

And this is really why I wanted to finger paint :-) 

While Sam is feeling better, it appears that three nights of little sleep has caught up to me, and I am a bit sniffly today. I decided to just take the day off and will be headed to bed shortly in the hopes that I will be full of energy for tomorrow's long run!

2 comments:

Scout said...

Too adorable to let your only comment be spam. However, you blog really does go to peak! I think that's a pretty big compliment :D Glad Sam is feeling better. Rest up!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Val :-)