Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wet Feet

Woke up with a bit more energy today, and had a nice 5.25 mile run down to the river and back before work. For now at least, it appears we've returned to more seasonable temperatures, and it was a pleasant 35 degrees when I headed out at 8:30. The trails were pretty soggy, the river was running high, and lots of puddles meant wet, cold feet! The bog bridges were covered with sparkling frost, and the low angle of the sun at this time of year meant I was dazzled by the bright sunshine for half of the run. I also had a few good animal sightings this morning, which is always fun. Just caught the white tail of a deer hopping off into the brush as I was rounding a corner on the Heath Trail, and as I was popping out of the woods onto the dirt road, I looked up to see three crows chasing a red-tailed hawk into the woods, the hawk darting this way and that with the crows in hot pursuit. Also saw a beautiful, big Bald Eagle sitting on the top of a barren tree on the edge of Pleasant Bay as I headed up to work a bit later. I wonder if the four Hooded Mergansers in the waters below were feeling a bit uncomfortable with him looking down on them?! :-)

No comments: