Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cookie and Craft Fun

Sam has been loving "helping" in the kitchen during this visit with my parents! Yesterday afternoon, she helped us out as we finished up a batch of Christmas cookies. She might have gotten carried away sugaring a few of the cookies, but she sure had a good time :-)

The baker :-)

Making sure all the cookies are covered...

Shake, shake!

And now some green...

Big smile!

Very proud of her creations :-)

We also got out the paints yesterday, and made a big sign to congratulate Ryan on his race. Sam had fun painting all over it! Here is the finished product. Ryan was very surprised! And I know he was just happy to be able to give little Sammy a hug again :-) It was a long time for him to be away. 


The banner

Happy

Getting big hugs from Sam


~
This morning I got in a nice 4.5 mile run while Neenie and Pippi took Sam swimming. She had a great time, and I had a good tour of the neighborhood. It was a gorgeous morning to be out, and my legs had a bit more pep in them than they did yesterday, despite Sam being up many, many times in the night last night. There were a number of herons along the big pond out along the berm, as well as a few cormorants and a lot of canada geese. I also passed a tree (a sycamore, I think) with a ton of tufted titmice and yellow rumped warblers flitting about. I stopped to watch and listen for a while, just because their songs and calls were so pretty and there were so many of them. The kingfisher was sitting on a tree branch near the pond along the main street as I ran past too. Planning to take tomorrow off and then get in a few more runs later this week. 




No comments: