Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cranky

Ryan was actually up before Sam and I today! He finally got out of bed a little before 6am, after listening to Sam cry at 5:30, having Gigi chase her tail very enthusiastically around and around at the bottom of the bed, and listening to Ronnie yowl for food and try to knock over the drying rack, saying "I can't take it! I am awake. I'm getting up!" Of course, Sam woke up for good shortly thereafter, and so all three of us were downstairs bright and early. Ah, life with a sleepless toddler and two crazy kitties. I just know Ryan is looking forward to a few nights of uninterrupted sleep on either side of the 50 miler! And I can't say that I blame him :-)

Since he had had time to wake up and get breakfast, etc etc, Ryan decided to join me for my run after I dropped Sam off at daycare. It was only 24 degrees out this morning, and definitely felt like winter, which was actually kind of nice, given that it's the middle of December! There was a heavy frost on the grass, and the air was crisp. We headed out right around 8:30, and ran the "suck loop" or the short Highland Green loop for 3 miles. I have to say that I agreed with the nickname "suck loop" today. I don't think either of us felt good. I felt creaky and tired, and just couldn't get my legs going. Ryan was definitely tired, and very cranky about it. Not to mention, his legs were evidently rebelling against the taper, and he kept getting random creaks and pains here and there as we ran along. Boy, were we a cheery pair! :-)

3 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Remind Ryan that phantom pains are the signs of a successful taper. Nice job to both of you for getting out after a crazy morning!

Jeremy Bonnett said...

I'm still impressed you two are able to get out as much as you do with hectic lives, and the youngin'.
Tell Ryan his phantom pains are from old age.

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to tell Ryan you said he was good, and old :-)