Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winter's Back!

The temperature spread between this morning's run and yesterday's was 33 degrees. Talk about a world of difference! The wind was whipping, my eyes were watering, I was wearing my warmest running coat, the ground was frozen solid and instead of puddles, there were rivers of ice. I guess winter has decided to return! I ran out of time to get in my planned 5 miles, so just hit the Highland Green loop for a quick 3 instead.

~

Sam is really a true conversationalist these days. I actually feel like I'm talking to a real person when I talk with her :-) Yesterday, we debated for about 10 minutes back and forth over why she could not wear a short sleeve shirt to school. Of course, she is two, and I should not be having a debate with her about what she wears! Aren't I the parent here?!

She made us all laugh last night at Morgan's birthday party, when she told Kristen, "I need cake!" Apparently, in her two-year old mind there is no distinguishing between necessity and desires :-)

She is facing forward in her car seat now, and loves watching the world out the front windshield. Every time we get to a light, she tells us either, "Green says go" or "Red says stop." Thanks, kiddo. How did we ever get by without you?! :-)

No comments: