Monday, December 5, 2011

Cart Path Run

Got in a nice run across the street this morning, running the cart paths and the Heath Trail loop for 7 miles. Felt like I was working a little hard for the just-under-9-minute pace I managed, but it was a beautiful morning to be out. Thanks to Ryan for watching the kiddo so I could get out at the start of the day!

Speaking of the kiddo, she is almost 26 months old, and her vocabulary has just exploded! She talks in "full" sentences now, missing a word here or there, but really working to string her words together for a complete thought. She picks up on new words and phrases right away, and is beginning to truly understand the way language can be used to empathize, express feelings, etc, patting me on the back and saying, "It OK Mama. No problem," if she sees that something has upset me. Or telling Ryan in the car yesterday, "Mama at work. Mama sad," after asking where I was and being told that I was working. Today when I was getting her out of the car after being out, she said, "How you Mama?" to which I replied, "Good. How are you, Sammy?" and she just got a kick out of repeating the sequence over and under. She can sing the three lines of "Baa Baa Black Sheep" all by herself, as well as most of the words to "The Wheels on the Bus." She asks for specific songs and books (and videos on my IPhone too!), and once I have read her a book a few times, she can "read" it back to me, having memorized the key points. Adorable! Her imagination is developing too, and she loves to "feed" her babies, make up things in her little kitchen, draw specific things instead of just scribbling randomly, etc. She is, as always, a bubbly, energetic and enthusiastic child with a mind of her own and a personality that is way too big for her little body! Someone at the Pineland Farms storytime this morning told her boy to watch out for "the baby." "She's little," to which I laughed, and said, "She's two! She's just tiny." She laughed back and said, "I thought her talking seemed advanced for her size!" Ha!!

No comments: