Friday, December 23, 2011

Full

A full day. A full belly. Both are appropriate for today.

We started out at the Children's Museum down in Wilmington this morning. Sam had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed it. Last time we were here, in March, we went there too, but this time around, with Sam just a bit older and more sure of herself, it was an even better way to spend a morning. In fact, I think she would have stayed all day if we had let her!

Slide fun

Gotta love a train track

Grocery shopping

Ringing it all up

Big shoes!

Wheee!
Then of course, we had to hit Flaming Amy's for lunch before heading home,  and Mom and Dad had been talking up Boombalatti's, a homemade ice cream place nearby -delicious! - so we had to stop there too. Just twist my arm! I held Sam up to the ice cream case, and when she saw the Funfetti flavor inside (vanilla with sprinkles), she pointed and said "I need that!" I guess that one is Morgan's favorite too, which got Sam even more excited to eat it up :-)

Yum! Rice!

Enjoying our ice cream!

I love Boombalatti's!

Eating "Morgum's ice cream" :-)

Ryan and I did squeeze in a 4 mile run around 4pm - our first run together since we've been down here, and his first since the 50 miler. He did great, although I know his legs are feeling pretty tight, and my "speedy" pace of 8:15s on the flat pancake route was making him work more than he would have liked. Although nice to get out, I am not sure the miles did much to combat all the rich food we put into our belly today. For dinner, Ryan and I headed to the clubhouse for a dinner out courtesy of Mom and Dad (thanks guys!). We finished off our meal with creme brulee. Delish! But oh my gosh, am I full! Ah well, I guess that's what vacation is for right? Right?!

Anyway, while we were gone, it appears Sam had a great time playing with Neenie and Pippi, and went to bed easily for them too. Hurray!

Playing ball

Laughing with Pippi

Ready, set, throw!

No comments: