Sunday, December 4, 2011

Go Go Go!

My niece Morgan stayed with us last night, as Kristen had her office holiday party and wouldn't be home until late. The girls are very cute together but definitely hype each other up a bit, so there was a lot of racing around last night before bedtime and this morning when we got up. Which was early. As usual, Sam was up at the crack of dawn, and she and I were downstairs right around 6am. Unfortunately, we woke Morgan up so she stumbled down a few minutes later. Ryan, who had been relegated to the floor last night while Morgan and I slept in our bed, climbed up to reclaim his spot on the bed and get a few more winks! After a few hours of playtime, we met up with Kristen in Freeport at The Fresh Batch, which is a great spot to go with kids, as it is counter service, has yummy food, good coffee and best of all, a small indoor play area. Works wonders for keeping the kids entertained while the adults drink coffee! We couldn't leave Freeport without walking up to LLBean and visiting the "fishies." We also met LL the Bear, who frightened both Sam and Morgan. I mean, I'd be frightened by a big bear 4x my size too! Of course, as we were leaving, all Sam could talk about was "bear, bear, bear" but did she want to give him a high five? Nope! Oh well.

While Ryan got in his run, Sam had lunch, and then I put her down for a nap. After she was down, I headed out for my own run. Although it was nice out, I just wasn't feeling all that enthused about running. I guess I need to start wrapping my head around the long run again, as apparently I am just not quite there mentally at this point. I only got in 10 today, but did have a nice run, mixing up the route a bit by starting out on the cart paths and then hitting the Cathance trails for the remainder of the miles. It was warm and sunny, but windy, and man, the semi-frozen mud puddles that I was stomping through along the trails were COLD! The river was roaring, and I saw a number of others out enjoying the nice December afternoon.

I got home just as Sam was waking up, and when she saw my legs, she said "Mama sweaty! Mama legs dirty." Yup, you got it, kiddo! Into the shower for me, and then over to Nate and Shannon's for some afternoon playtime, chatting and a yummy root vegetable chili and cornbread dinner. Sam fell right to sleep when we finally got her into bed a little bit ago, and I have a feeling I will be doing the same shortly. Yet another fun-filled, active Sunday! I'm tired!

No comments: