Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Creaky

You would think that two days off in a row would be better than one if you were trying for a mellow week, right? But honestly, taking two days off after having the biggest weekend of back-to-backs (12.25 and 10.75) in a while turns out to not such a hot idea (not that the runs are a lot compared to some, but that is a lot over a weekend for me at this point!). Although the skies had cleared by the time I headed out for my run around 8:15 this morning, and the temperature was hovering around 60 degrees (Come on! It's November 30th! This is just weird!!), I could not get in a rhythm. My legs felt heavy. I was creaky. I felt low on energy. Blah. I changed my mind on the route about a mile in, and went for 4 miles instead of longer. Hopefully I'll have a bit more pep in my steps tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

No worries it's just the food talkin'.

Sparkplug said...

Hope you're right! Definitely ate a lot of things not normally in my diet last week/over the weekend. I just can't pass up pie for breakfast, or dessert :-)

Jamie Anderson said...

I just updated my blog and then checked yours.. we both used the phrase "pep in my step". That was pretty cool.

You'll no doubt rebound. Think the iron levels might be taking a dip? That's seemingly the case with me sometimes.

Sparkplug said...

Jamie, that is just too funny! How random that we both used that phrase today?! :-) As for the iron, good idea. Definitely need to get back to lots of fruits and veggies too. I'm sure that will help!