Wednesday, November 9, 2011

To the River and Back

I came home from dropping off Sam at daycare, and was getting myself ready to head out for a run. Ryan was in the middle of his breakfast, and abruptly looked up and said "Whatcha runnin'?" I told him I was planning to run to the river and back for 5.5 miles, and asked if he wanted to join me. He looked up and said, sure. So there you go, instant running partner. Yeah! It was cool out, but there was a thick low-lying fog and the air was somehow heavy and sticky. Weird. We had a nice run through the woods and down to the river. We chatted the whole way, mostly about racing, as we discussed the pros and cons to this race and that race. I was so into the conversation that my legs went on auto-pilot not once, but twice, wanting to lead me on the 7 mile Cathance loop instead of shorter river loop. Ryan could only shake his head at me. I guess that's what I get for mostly running alone. When I am with someone and talking away, I get so caught up in the conversation that I don't pay attention to the route. Oops :-) Anyway, we ran a nice, snappy 47:26 for the 5.5 miles - or nice and snappy for me anyway! - and it was lots of fun to have some company, and to have someone to bounce race ideas off. Thanks Ryan!

No comments: