Thursday, November 17, 2011

Heavy Clouds, No Rain

Apologies to Sting, as I was no doubt singing "Heavy Clouds, No Rain" totally off-key this morning as I ran :-) OK, so I wasn't really singing out loud, but you get the idea. Amazingly, despite my total lack of rhythm and inability to carry a tune, Sam still requests that I sing her songs. "Baby Bumblebee," "Wheels on the Bus," "Twinkle Twinkle," and the newest, courtesy of Kate, "Goin' on a Bear Hunt." These songs get stuck in my head a lot, so it was nice when "Heavy Clouds, No Rain" popped up this morning - a welcome change!

Anywho, I head out under heavy cloud cover this morning to run the cart paths. I was surprised to find a maintenance man out on the course, cleaning up the first green. Wow, this is seriously late in the year to be playing golf in Maine, isn't it?! But then again, I guess we have been having some seriously unseasonable weather of late, so why not? I was also surprised to run past a medium-sized yellow and brown striped snake as I was nearing hole #6. I guess he was out looking for some sun on a November morning! I stopped to watch him for a bit as he wandered slowly off the path back into the brush before continuing on my way.

No comments: