Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Warm November Sunday

I had originally hoped that I might be able to meet up with the girls for a run today but, you know, Ryan has that 50 mile thing coming up :-), so he claimed Sunday as his long run day, meaning it was just Sam and I hanging out this morning. We hung out for a bit at home and then headed over to Bradbury for a hike and to find Daddo out in the woods.  It was sprinkling lightly when we left, but by the time we arrived at the park, the sky was a beautiful blue. And although the breeze was cool, it was warm and sunny, the perfect day to be out walking on the trails. Sam didn't want to walk on her own, so I put her in the Ergo, and we headed out to the Terrace Trail. Ryan was planning to run the Snowshoe Bad**s first, and then do the Breaker to get his run over 20 miles. I took a guess, based on time and what I thought might be the ending of one of the snowshoe races, and in the end, it worked out! As we were walking up, we saw Ryan, Jeff and NJ Dave heading down, all looking good.

Sam and I continued on up, taking in the view from the summit before heading down to the playground. Sam did a lot of swinging, and a little playing, and we managed to see Ryan one more time. He yelled that he thought he was going to be out there for a while, so I figured Sam and I might as well go get lunch. And who should we see as we walked into the parking lot, but Val? Yeah! She was up for lunch at Edna & Lucy's, and it was fun to have a chance to catch up a bit! Sam missed out on a delicious grilled cheese, which ended up going wonderfully with my soup, and chose to dine on a homemade donut instead. Can't blame her too much, I guess! Val and I chatted while Sam ran back and forth between us and the rocking chair, which she pondered for a while before figuring out how to climb into/off it. She had such a great smile on her face when she looked over at us the first time she sat herself down in the chair! So cute :-)

Turns out Ryan was more in the mood for a Philly Cheesesteak than Edna & Lucy's, so it all worked out fine! And once Sam was down for her nap, I headed out for my own run. I ran down to the river, enjoying the warm afternoon. The golf course parking lot was full - why not on a 60 degree day?! - and there were a number of people out enjoying the trails.

Sam requested we go to "her" playground late in the afternoon, and it seemed too nice of an afternoon to not take advantage of, so we jumped in the car for a quick 1/2 hour of swinging and sliding, watching the sun set above the trees. A fun day enjoying this ridiculously unseasonably warm weather! And I topped it all off with a big bowl of pumpkin ice cream, so I am more than happy :-) Hurray!

No comments: