Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Fun

Well, we didn't do a traditional Halloween like most folks, because honestly, it is not my favorite holiday, and the thought of traipsing around in the dark with a 2 year old all in the name of candy is just not my cup of tea! I figure I'll hold off on this one until I possibly can! But we did have a fun day anyway!

After running laps around the house for a while, Sam and I headed over to Pineland Farms for their Monday Story Hour. Although Sam loves her books, going to a story hour was a bit different and may have been too much for her, but we still had fun, even if we didn't always pay attention to the story at hand :-) I do think this will be a good activity to keep in mind for the future for sure! The leader read 3 stories, then took a break to give the kids a snack (Sam loved the yummy Pineland Farms cheese!) and let them color a picture. Then it was back for two more books, and a few songs. As it was Halloween, everything was holiday related, and a lot of the kids had on costumes. We came home with Sam asking me to sing her "hokey" (ie. the Hokey Pokey). Gotta love all these wacky kid songs! *sigh*

Then after naptime, we headed over to Nate and Shannon's for our annual "avoid Halloween" dinner. I did at least put Sam in her tutu, so that we were in the spirit of things a bit :-) Don't the winter hat and the green elf-like slippers just complete the ensemble?!


Actually, while she was excited to wear her tutu, she was even happier for the chance to race around the house with Finley, ride one of his toy bikes, and make a bit of a racket! :-) We enjoyed a delicious dinner of root vegetable chili, salad and bread, and I brought a pumpkin pie for dessert. Yum. We offered Sam a the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup at one point, but it was of no interest to her whatsoever! Ha. I'm thinking she didn't realize she was missing anything at all by not trick or treating, which is just what we intended :-)

No comments: