Monday, November 21, 2011

Busy Monday

Since it is a short week this week, I took Sam into daycare today. Yes, I could have spent the day with her, and maybe that is what a "good" mother would do, but honestly, my list of things-to-do is long, things are constantly being added to it, and having an extra day to cross things off the list sounded like a good idea. Plus, Sam is going to get more than enough family time over Thanksgiving, so I figured she would be happy to spend the day with her friends at daycare, leaving me 8 1/2 hours "free."

Of course, I couldn't resist spending part of that time running, so after dropping Sam off, I headed to the Commons to get in a nice run on the trails. I haven't had the chance to get over there in a while, and it was a good change of pace. It was crisp and cool out, the trails were leaf-covered, and the woods were quiet. I managed to get in 7.25 miles in a little over an hour before heading home to do some laundry, grab some lunch and head downtown to do a little Christmas shopping. It is highly unlike me to be Christmas shopping so early, but none of the shops open until 10am, so there is no way to get down there except on a day like today. I came away with a few bags full of goodies and then sped south on 295 to do some errands around Portland. By the time I was back in the driveway this afternoon, it was 4pm. Where did the day go?! I had hoped to get a lot more done, but alas, time flies! Off for one more errand, and to pick up the kiddo! So much for all that "free" time :-)

No comments: