Saturday, November 12, 2011

New Shoes

Ryan has been hounding me to actually get out and wear the new Inov-8 road shoes that I got from Ian last month. They have been sitting by the door, all pretty and white, for a few weeks and I have yet to don them. Until this morning. I don't know why. I think because I was slightly taken aback at the sole of the shoe, and unsure how they would actually be to run in, even though they were certainly comfortable wearing around. In any event, today was their maiden voyage :-) Finally!

Shiny and new! And so girly with all the purple too :-)

I did a quick spin around the short Highland Green loop, adding on a loop around the middle school to get to 3.5 miles, you know, just so this week would be an even 30. Ha. Anyway, the shoes held up great. Very cushy. And although I was nervous about how they would do on anything other than road, they were fine on the rocks and sand and gravel. I don't think I'd want to wear them if it was slick out, or slushy, but the traction from the strange soles is actually quite good. So it looks like they'll be in the rotation now, which is just what we need... another pair of shoes by the door :-)

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

They look snazzy and light!!