Monday, November 14, 2011

Cathance 10

I got in my own jaunt around the Cathance this morning. Donning my bright-orange reflective vest, I hit the trails at 7:15 this morning for a nice 10 miler. It was weirdly warm out. And it's November 14. I hardly believed the thermometer, which was reading just over 50 degrees, so I put on shorts, a long sleeve shirt and wore gloves. The gloves were off before mile 3, and the sleeves got rolled up soon after. I scared up a big doe along the Ravine Loop, but otherwise the woods were quiet, void of animals and people. I ran the "regular" 9ish mile loop and tacked on a bit at the end, coming down the back road to Tedford and then up the powerlines from Topsham Crossing. I felt a bit weighed down by the leftover pancakes I had eaten just before leaving, and didn't eat anything in the 1:35 I was out there, which is highly unusual for me. Other than that, I felt pretty good, and was happy to get in a bit of a longer run.

I got home with just enough time to hop in the shower before Sam and I headed to Pineland for the Monday morning story time. The stories this week were cute, but a bit too advanced for Sam. She did, however, enjoy the snack - delicious apples and cheese from the farm :-) - and it was a good activity for the morning. It was so warm out that after we picked up our requisite purchase from the Market (cheese this time around), we went out walking in the fields for a bit, with Sam running ahead and stopping to pick dandelions along the way. There were still bees and a few butterflies out feeding on the flowers too, so I guess we were all taking advantage of what Mother Nature was giving us today!

No comments: