Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thank Goodness for the Breeze!

I managed to get out and run at the hottest time of the day. Again. Am I dumb, or what? I could have run in the morning. Ryan tried to push me out the door. But I was feeling incredibly tired (Sam did not sleep well. Again.) and hungry when I woke up. So instead, we suited up and headed downtown for a yummy extra-day off (daycare is closed today) breakfast. Sam ate an entire pancake - hurray! I didn't drink enough coffee - boo! Then we walked down to the green to see what we could find at the farmer's market. There is a lot to choose from these days! I only had a $20, but we came home with some delicious strawberries, fresh greens, crisp carrots and a bag of cilantro. Yum!

Once Sam went down for her nap, I headed out for my run. The thermometer was reading 83 degrees. I took my handheld, and drained it all, on my 5 mile out-and-back down to the river. The route isn't entirely in the shade, but there is a fair amount of respite from the sun in the woods, and there was a heavenly breeze that made the heat seem bearable. I stopped to throw some water on my arms and dip my hat in the river before turning around. I came home bathed in sweat yet again, but somehow it wasn't as bad as yesterday. Maybe it was that I was out there for 9.5 less miles :-) The post-run bowl of beautifully red, cold, fresh strawberries that tasted like heaven sure helped too!

We had a fun afternoon, setting up the little kiddie pool we bought for Sam last year but never used, and letting her splash in the water and have fun dumping water from one container to the next. She is very serious in these photos, but she did have a great time! She also spent over an hour in the water!

Kiddie pool fun!

Fun with containers 

Hmmm, what to use next?

No comments: