Monday, July 25, 2011

Cool

Ah, this weather is so much better! Unfortunately, I spent most of the day behind my desk at work, but we had the doors open and a sweet, cool breeze was blowing. I wish I hadn't had to work, but we'll make up for it next week with our four-day Baxter trip! We spent the early morning hours playing, and got in a nice visit with my friend Jess to meet the newest edition to her family - her sixth child! She is truly amazing! I can hardly keep up with one kiddo :-) Ryan and Sam stayed to play for a while after I left for work, and I know Sam had a blast with all the kids.

I couldn't let the day pass without taking advantage of the nice weather, so after Sam went to sleep, I put on my running clothes and went out for a nice easy shuffle on the short 3 mile Highland Green loop. And shuffle I did. Truly. I didn't do any sort of cool down after yesterday's race, and I could tell! Whoa boy! My legs were stiff. Not to mention, pavement is just not as forgiving a surface, and road running just plain hurts the body more! Hopefully after tonight's shake-out run, I'll feel better tomorrow!

No comments: