Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hill Work

Earlier this year when I put together my training plan, I actually penciled in some speed and hill work. Well, I've managed to get in three speed workouts so far, and today was my first attempt at hill work. Yes, that is not a lot but, hey, I'm trying :-) I took Ryan's advice, ran over to Mt. Ararat and did a few "laps" up and down the mountain, using different routes. I didn't get too many loops in with only three miles on tap, but it was a start anyway! And good practice with the Breaker coming up in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Awesome! I'll never forget you kicking my ass on the Breaker last year! You were running up the final climb like it was nothing. I think this year you'll be smoking it once again. Strong work.

Sparkplug said...

Ha :-) That's only because you were coming back from an injury! Anyway, I'll try to run that last climb like it's nothing again, but somehow I think you'll be ahead this time around! :-)