Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Speedwork Take #3

Or maybe it is take #4, depending on whether or not you count last weekend's Scuffle race as last week's speed work :-) Otherwise, I missed a week, but hey, any speedwork I do this year is better than the speedwork I've done in the past (and by past speedwork, I mean, no speedwork)!

I didn't get out for today's run until 6:45pm, at which time it was certainly cooler than it was in the middle of the day, but still hot enough to feel and definitely still heavy. I wasn't really feeling like pounding out a workout, but if it was going to happen this week, it needed to happen today. I figured I would give it a go and see what happened. My thought process during the middle three miles vacillated between, "Go go go! Keep up the pace!" and "Oh, forget it. I'm tired. Let's just go for a jog." It definitely wasn't my best tempo run, but it was late, I was tired, it was hot, it was humid, I didn't sleep much last night, blah blah blah. In any event, I got in my "fast" three middle miles in my slowest time on the loop so far, running 7:36; 7:45 and 7:21. Not a super confidence boosting run going into this weekend's Old Port Half Marathon, but I got out and did it, so I'll take it! And now I'm going to bed :-)

1 comment:

mindy said...

I am so impressed, I definitely would not have been able to do any kind of run, let alone speedwork at 7pm. You will rock the 1/2!!