Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot Hot Hot

I went out for a run at 7pm tonight. It was 86 degrees. And humid. And hazy. Three miles was more than enough, and if the sweet and juicy raspberries that I stopped to pick and eat along the way hadn't been there, there would have been nothing redeeming about the run.

I realize that most of the rest of the country is in the midst of this heat wave too, and in fact, that there are many other places dealing with heat worse than we are, but when the temperature is still in the high 80s at 7pm, it means something is just not right. Yes, it is summer, but man, this is Maine! It is just not supposed to be that hot! The heat is really doing a number on me, my motivation and my running this week. I really really really hope that, as predicted, temperatures drop to a more reasonable level by Sunday morning!

3 comments:

Scout said...

I wonder if there was a bit of a sea breeze in Topsham...we didn't get down to 86 till 9:30 pm!!! However, with this humidity, I don't think there'd be much of a difference.

Jamie Anderson said...

I looked at the personal weather station map on Wunderground, and along the immediate coast from Bath on up through Eastport, temps were much cooler. Go a few miles inland and WHAM, huge jump. This weather sucks.

Sparkplug said...

Val, regardless of when it went down to 86 degrees it is just too darn hot! And Jamie, yes, I think if we all had houses right on the ocean, it would be a bit more bearable. Guess we'll have to work on that :-)
I really hope this heat breaks. Brutal!