Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sunrise Run

Although the snow day was nice yesterday, I must admit I spent all of it indoors. So, I was extra motivated to get up and out for a run this morning. As I had to be to work early, I was out the door by 6:45 am. I had on my screw shoe Inov-8s, as I was planning to head across the street and wanted all the traction I could get for the snow on the powerlines. Actually I was glad to have them just to get out of our condo complex!

As I crested the hill on the powerlines, the sky was beginning to lighten. I had to work a bit in the loose and fine snow, but once I hit the Highland Green Road things got easier. If I ever move to Highland Green (several years off, as its a 55+ community), I'd like to live in the back of the development. These houses are tucked away and have a great view east, to the rising sun. And rising, it was! Have you ever looked at a painting or a photograph and thought, 'there is no way the sunrise ever looks like that'? Well, this morning was one of those mornings. The colors fanned out across the sky, deep pinks, oranges and purples, above the snow covered trees. Beautiful.

The 5-mile loop took me 4 minutes longer than it did earlier this week, but despite the rougher conditions, I felt good and as always, it was great to get out.

2 comments:

R. Ian Parlin said...

So the sun rises in the west in the land of Topshizzum?

Sparkplug said...

oh man, i must be tired! i meant east...