Friday, January 23, 2009

Raymond Road Run

I've been having a bit of trouble getting out of the warmth of the bed lately. So, needless to say, yesterday I did not get up as planned and get in a run before work. I really wanted to get in a longer run this week, so this morning there were no excuses. I was up and out of bed at 6:25. As I pulled out of the driveway a few minutes before 7am, the sky was alight with color. Very nice. I headed out from the field house to do the good old stand-by, the 8-mile loop on Raymond Road.

It's a good run, but not as much so in the winter. The roads were pretty messy, and even though both Maine Street and McKeen Street have sidewalks, they were unusable, meaning I was dodging traffic for the first 1 1/2 miles and the last two miles. Ugh. I ran as fast as my little legs would carry me in that final stretch down McKeen Street, desperate to be done with the run and out of the way of all the cars, finishing the run in 1:06:28.

No comments: