Friday, January 2, 2009

Icy, Cold and Windy

I kept putting off my run yesterday, hoping the winds would die down and the temps might climb. No such luck. But since I didn't get out bright and early, I did manage to obtain a partner for my run, so that was a plus. Snowman came home early from work, as there was no internet access in the notch, due to wind and weather, and although I could tell all he wanted to do was take a nap, I convinced him a brisk run would be better!

We decided to head to the Commons, thinking the woods would shelter us a bit from the wind. We were both suited up for an arctic expedition, and in the end decided perhaps we were a bit overdressed as both of us finished the run sweating. Amazing what body heat will do! We also both donned our trail screw shoes for as much traction as possible, and it's a good thing. It was basically like running on an ice rink, except that instead of a nice smooth surface, the ice was pockmarked with divets and paw and shoe prints. Made things a bit interesting! Still, it was good to get out and start off the New Year running.

Now if I only could have gotten out of bed this morning to continue that trend... Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: