Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gallery Hopping and Deep Snow

Today's 'work' day was a fun one. We headed into Portland to tour the galleries in town, mostly to take a good look at what was out there art-wise, but also to simply keep up with what everyone else was doing in their galleries. In the summer, there simply isn't time for us to go around to the other midcoast galleries and see the shows, so although things are a bit slower in the winter and some galleries are closed, we're taking a few trips up and down the coast to do some gallery hopping. The hope is that somewhere along the way, we might see an artist whom we would like to represent. But if nothing else, it gives us a chance to see how others are doing it and how we stack up against the competition (which is pretty well, I think!). After several hours walking around town, stopping in galleries along the way, we had a late lunch at Pom's Thai Taste (yum, pad thai!) before heading back to Brunswick/Topsham.

I hadn't expected to get a run in today, as I overslept this morning and didn't get out before we headed off to Portland. But in the end, I got back home early enough to head out across the street for a 5 mile run before the sun set. Although there had been some snowmobile traffic on the powerlines, things were still pretty soft and one section hadn't been traveled at all. I postholed and slipped up and down the powerlines, looking very graceful, I'm sure, and was happy to pop out onto the Highland Green Road. On the way back, I was tempted to take the road around, but decided not to wuss out and headed back on the powerlines. I'm not sure what the drivers on the high school road must have thought as they drove by and saw me doing knee-high bounding in the deep snow on that last section! :-)

No comments: