Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Five by the River

OK, it was 5.4 on the bike path, so while the run was indeed along the river, it was also along the highway, which just does not sound as exciting... ah well. I headed out around 9:15 and although the car thermometer was only reading 10 degrees, it was quite pleasant out. The sun was shining and there was no wind. The path was quiet and I ran along, enjoying the view of the river. I felt good, which was a pleasant surprise, and put in a fast (for me) effort.

The weather is supposed to turn pretty arctic starting tonight. I'm still hoping to get in 3 more runs this week, but I think I'm going to have to seriously bundle up to get out the door over the next few days! Brrr...

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

When near this river, did you see any motivational speakers living in vans? Good job on the run. Today is going to seem tropical in a few days.

Sparkplug said...

Darn, I must have missed the van this time around :-)

And yes, thinking it's going to be pretty cold the next few days. Time to layer up!