Thursday, January 29, 2009

Icy

Boy, these storms are just piling on the snow! It's a winter wonderland outside. I'd say we got around 8" of fluffy stuff with an inch of hard ice on top. Looking out the window this morning, I was tempted to get out on my skis in the Commons to enjoy the new snow. However, after cleaning off the car and realizing how thick the top layer was, I decided to just stick with my plan of heading to the bike path for a run, as I wasn't really looking forward to breaking trail through the top layer. It should groom out great at the ski areas, though!

The original plan for today was to do 5 miles, but I ended up with just 3 for two reasons: 1) The path was plowed, but it seemed they had perhaps plowed last night before the change-over and thus the path was a sheet of ice. I just couldn't get a really good grip in many spots, even with my Inov-8 screw shoes. And 2) My back was feeling a bit tweaked yesterday and this morning. I didn't really stretch after skiing on Tuesday, and it appears the muscles are a bit unhappy. Nothing that some good old Vitamin I and stretching won't cure, I'm sure, but I figured I would just take it easy today and not push it...

No comments: