Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bike Path x 2

Yesterday afternoon after a lot of running around doing errands, getting groceries, doing laundry and in general getting things back into order after being away, Snowman and I headed over to the bike path for a mellow 3 mile run. It was sunny and pretty warm, and we moseyed along, chatting away. The path was filled with people running, walking and roller blading on a nice afternoon.

What a difference 16 hours makes! I woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground, and as I was heading out to run, the snow started up again. I had intended to run Raymond Road, but with the snow coming down and the roads looking a little iffy, I decided to play it safe and headed to the bike path instead. I ran along, snowflakes hitting my eyelashes and snow crunching under my feet, the only one out on the path. There were several sections of black ice hidden under the snow, but the screw shoes did their job and I stayed upright.

With three runs on the path within 8 days, it's official, winter - and bike path season - is here.

No comments: