Saturday, December 27, 2008

Foggy Run

Another good night's sleep. Slept in until after 8am. I'm either tired or just taking advantage of the fact that I do not have a crazy purring cat licking my face bright and early in the morning!

As this week's running log has been looking pretty slim, I wanted to at least get in an hour-long run today. Last night, we looked at the map of my parent's development and picked out a route. The streets have a way of looking very similar, and as I do not have a great sense of direction, I'm convinced both Snowman and my dad figured I'd be calling them on the cellphone partway through the run asking them if they could help me figure out where I was and how the hell I could get back to their house! However, I am happy to report that I got through the proposed route with only one mis-turn toward the end, which dropped me out on a road I recognized. I was then able to simply re-route my final mile and get home fine.

The morning was a foggy one, and heavy too. I took off in short and t-shirt, with my fashionable pink sleeves on my arms. I was wearing Snowman's fuel belt (we had only brought one, assuming we'd be running one longer run together), and it was way too big. It was bouncing up and down on my waist and hips for the first 30 minutes, until I was warm enough to take off my sleeves and wrap them around the belt, adding just the right additional padding to keep the darn thing from moving around so much.

The run went well. I felt much more "myself" today - didn't feel quite as sluggish and tight as I did during yesterday's run. The streets were quiet, and the route took me on a 1-mile wooded path mid-way through the run, which was nice. Saw several robins, mockingbirds, a cardinal, four bluebirds and a few juncos along the way. Also caught sight of the Shrike and the Meadowlarks in the field next to my parent's house.

No comments: