Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Cold Out There!

After yesterday's "lazy day" of shoveling, house cleaning, organizing, getting ready for our travels over Christmas and no running or skiing, I really wanted to get out there this morning. But man, it was cold out! 5 degrees when I headed out the door a little after 7am. I headed for the bike path, figuring with all the snow, that it would be a bit safer to be on the bike path instead of dodging snow piles and cars. There were no other cars in the parking lot when I arrived. What? You mean, this isn't a good morning for running?!

I ran along, the cold and dry snow crunching beneath my feet. The sun was slowly poking its head up over the trees on the horizon, and the river was jammed with ice. It took me until around 1.5 miles to finally warm up and feel my hands. Brrr... But it felt good to get out and run!

No comments: