Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Drowned Rat

...that is how I felt today during my run. And it is all my fault. Last night I made screw shoes out of both my road and trail shoes, and was looking forward to trying them out on this morning's run. And what did the weather gods throw at us today? 50 degree temps, rain and wind. Enough to melt all the snow and render the screw shoes a useless item. So, I had to dig out an old pair of road shoes to wear. Ah well...

I headed across the street to do the 5-mile Highland Green road loop under a dark and stormy sky at 7am. The wind was howling. When it was gusting at my back, pushing me along, it was great. I was flying! But then, on the return, I could barely move forward. The rain was pelting me in the face. I was soaked. Despite all that, I did feel pretty good. Shannon worked on my right leg on Sunday night, and although she was shocked at how tight my IT band was, the work did seem to loosen things up. Definitely felt better. Thanks Shannon!

Despite the warm temps, it is December, and with that, what do we have in store for tomorrow? wunderground.com is calling for ice pellets and snow. As they say here in Maine, if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes. It will change. Gotta love it.

No comments: