Monday, December 1, 2008

1000 Miles

Forgot to mention that about 2 miles into our Bradbury run yesterday, I hit 1000 miles for 2008. Now, I know that for some of our ultrarunning friends, 1000 miles probably isn't much, but it's pretty exciting for me. I know I haven't hit 1000 miles in the past 10 years. Maybe even more than that. I'd have to dig out the old training logs, which are currently buried in the attic, to find out for sure. But regardless, the fact remains that this has been one of my most solid running years in a long time. Woohoo! And still a month to go :-)

Today was a quiet day. We awoke rather late to a dusting of snow on the ground, with a light mist falling. I was feeling a bit sore from yesterday's run, especially in the ankles. I'm sure that doesn't surprise Chuck, who ran behind me for several miles and saw how many times I put my feet down with a twist to the ankles! After a morning spent sitting around, doing a few chores and watching Snowman swear at the TV as he tried to install and get the new HD cable box working, we finally got out for a short run around 3pm. We headed to the Commons for a mellow 3 mile run. Rather uneventful, except for the snow and slush covered ground. Time for screw shoes!

6 comments:

middle.professor said...

Awesome, that's way over a million meters (something like 1.6 million)! Which sounds more impressive, 1000 miles or 1.6 million meters?

Jamie Anderson said...

Big congrats! Great milestone. Yup, definitely getting closer to screw shoe time.

sn0m8n said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tNylJr7Z4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tNylJr7Z4

See I posted it twice...get it?

Sparkplug said...

1.6 million, now that makes it sound much more impressive :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 1000 miles! In AT terms, you're in West Virginia!

Sparkplug said...

Out of VA, woohoo! :-)