Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snowy 12

Snowman and I met up with Mindy and Tim at Pinelands for a nice run this morning. The ground was blanketed with a dusting of snow and flakes were falling throughout our tour of the Pineland Farms Trail Challenge course (minus the fields). As is to be expected this time of year, the ground was a mix of slippery grass, frozen mud, crusty sand, ice, and all of the above covered with snow. Amazingly none of us took a spill, but it did remind me that it really is time to make my Inov-8s into screw shoes! Perhaps that will be my project for tomorrow...

Mindy and Tim joined us for 8 miles, and then Snowman and I headed across the street to do an additional 4.5 or so to get in our planned 12 miles for the day. I was feeling pretty tired during those last miles, but overall it was a good run, with great company and some fun conversations. We then consumed at least as many calories as we expended during our run at Stone's Cafe. Yummmm... chocolate chip pancakes :-)

No comments: