Friday, August 1, 2014

Scuffle + Portions of BBU

I was told by several people that I was being a bit too hard on myself in yesterday's post. Well, you know how it goes. You're always your worst enemy/critic (or at least I am)! In any event, I set out this morning for an early morning run at Bradbury. The intent was to run the whole BBU course, plus perhaps a bit more. I didn't end up doing that, but I am ok with it. I still got in some good miles and some solid climbing. I was just plain tired out and didn't feel like pushing it. I know sometimes you do have to push through the tiredness, but I have learned a few things about myself over the years. I cannot push through all the tiredness. It just doesn't work for me. I almost always have a period early in the training cycle where I end up cutting back on one or two planned runs. I am not a high mileage gal, so perhaps I just need more time than most to rev things up. I don't think this hurts me in the end. It is just how it tends to go for me. So, I am taking this morning's 10.9 miles and calling it a good run, even if it was a fair amount shorter than I was going for originally. I will call this a step down weekend and be happy with the miles.

For the record, ran/walked up the Summit trail, went out on the Boundary and down Lunchbreak. Turned around and ran/walked back up Lunchbreak. Ran back up to the Summit and down the Terrace. Ran across the street and did the Scuffle course. Trails were pretty muddy on the east side and there were a lot of deer flies. Then it was back to the parking lot, up the Ski Trail, looped around Krista's and retraced my steps to the car. Saw a cute little fawn on Krista's! Adorable. Other than that, the woods were fairly quiet, although I was surprised to find that there were already a few cars in the lot when I arrived at 7:00 am.

OK, now it is off to do a few things and then to work for the afternoon.

No comments: