Sunday, August 17, 2014

NJ Runnin' and Funnin'

We headed south to Hoboken on Friday night, picking Ryan up from work at 5:00. It was a long drive, but honestly, we made pretty good time; it was a decent time of day to travel. Sam slept for two hours in the car, and then woke up when we were crossing the GW Bridge. She was a bit in shock to say the least, and then was hyped up for an hour or two. We didn't get to sleep until well after midnight. Luckily, we managed to sleep in a bit in the morning, and then Ryan and I did the kid/run swap, except instead of heading out on the trails, we headed down the hallway to the fitness room. Yay, treadmill!

Honestly, though, how do people use these things? I have not been on a treadmill in years. I avoid them like the plague. I'd rather battle snow, ice, rain, whatever than get on those darn things. Oh, I see their use, for sure, but they are just not my thing! My legs were feeling a bit stiff from Friday's miles and the car ride, so I started out at 11:00 pace, but that didn't last long. The tenths were passing away way too slowly at that rate :-) Incrementally inched up the pace and finished the last mile at 7:30 pace. Ha. Nothing like consistency. Still, I really needed to get off the thing. Got in 3 miles and called it good. Hit 40 miles for the week too.

Then it was off to Gavin's first birthday party. Luckily, I have a cool sister-in-law and brother-in-law and the party was held at a local bierhaus :-) Ryan was in heaven! Ha. It was a lot of fun, and Sam was so cute. She did not want to leave Gavin's side all weekend. She is taking the big cousin role VERY seriously :)

Cousins

Mustaches was the theme of the party. So cute :-)

We love balloons!

Mustache, anyone? :)

The lil' man walking

Happy Birthday, Gavin!

Mustache family :-)

Love 



No comments: