Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday Fun

I had intended to get up early this morning and get in my miles before Ryan headed to Bradbury to mark the course and get in his run, but you know, a 4:00 am alarm is just darn early on a Saturday! I decided to sleep in instead, and take my chances with an afternoon run. Sam and I spent the morning making breads for the race prizes, doing color/water experiments, picking berries, taking the recycling to the dump, and playing on the playground. And all before lunch! There is no resting with this one ;)

Food coloring fun!

This was before she decided to just squeeze every color into every ice spot... I am sure they will all be brown when we take them out tomorrow to melt them ;)

Picking berries

Yum! Blackberries.

Swingin'

Seesaw happiness

Once Ryan got home later in the afternoon, I suited up and headed out for my run. As a change of pace and because I had the time, I drove over to Bowdoin and ran out through the Commons and down to the ocean via the trails in Coleman Farm. I stopped to watch this beautiful Great Blue Heron standing patiently in one of the ponds.


I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had mowed the Coleman Farm trails basically all the way to the ocean. In fact, it was the singletrack that wound back along the edge of the salt water marsh that was the most overgrown, but it was still a lovely run. And always a pretty view :-)


We finished up the day with veggies and chicken on the grill plus local corn and potatoes, plus a trip to Gelato Fiasco for dessert. Yum!

No comments: