Thursday, August 21, 2014

Run with Shannon

Hit the BTLT trails (or maybe it really should just be the BLT trails, a la Xar) with Shannon this morning. Relatively cool out but we warmed up quickly. It was fun to catch up on this and that as we ran along. I am recognizing more of the trails each time we run, but I am sure I'd just make a few good squiggles instead of cohesive loops if I were to run out there solo :-) Got in a nice 6 miles in just under an hour, chatting away the whole time. Always good to run with a friend! Thanks, Shannon!

---

In other news, tomorrow is Sam's last full day of daycare. Yes, she will be going back to Building Blocks after kindergarten each day, so it is not a true goodbye, but still, it is the end of an era. Hard to believe that my little baby, who has been at this same daycare with the same teachers since she was 7 months old, is going to be headed to kindergarten in just a little over a week! Crazy how time flies. I am incredibly excited for her and I know she is ready, but when I read this the other morning, I totally cried.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Great story! I hope Sam loves Kindergarten as much as my kids did. And I hope you enjoy it too!

unstrung said...

I have a feeling that Sam is going to thrive in kindergarten... :) Looking forward to pics of her first day!

Sparkplug said...

I too think Sam is going to love and do well in kindergarten. It is just a bit bittersweet, you know? And Xar, I will definitely be posting first day photos :-)