Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mt. A. Hills

Back to the hills. Nice and cool this morning when I headed out a little before 6:00 am. Fall is in the air, for sure.

As I ran down the high school road, I passed the football team shuffling along the sidewalk on a warm-up. Their coaches, both rather rotund, were driving along on the street in a golf cart next to the team. When I passed them, I stopped and asked them why they weren't out running too. I am not sure they were amused :-)

Got in 7 loops up and around the hill. I was actually shooting for 6 but on the last loop I wondered if I was really on 6 or if I was just *hoping* I was on the last one, so I went up again just to be sure. Ha! Well, I guess that's one way to get in an additional repeat.

Still a bit slow on the uphills but overall felt pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work with the hills!
So funny you asked the coaches that :)
I remember running in insanely hot, humid weather (NC in August) with our cross country coach following behind in her air-conditioned car telling us to run faster.
What's up with the lazy coaches??