Saturday, October 6, 2012

So Much For That Idea...

I got in a run this morning, but it wasn't hills. None of us slept well last night. Sam was overtired from a week of taking no naps at daycare. I was tired because she woke me up a number of times, and the times when she didn't wake me up, the cats were crawling all over me. And Ryan didn't sleep because, well, who knows, but he finally gave up on trying around 2:00am and went downstairs to watch some TV. I thrashed around in bed a bit more and then was finally able to fall back asleep until Sam woke me up for the day at 6:15. Some day, I swear, I will be able to sleep again, but given our history, I'm not betting on that happening anytime soon. Anyway, I was simply too worn out to envision running 10x up and over Mt. A., so I settled for just getting my butt out the door for a run. I ran to the river and back for 5.25 miles. Saw a gaggle of 18 turkeys near the high school sand hill, so that was neat. Planning on 18 on the Cathance trails and the powerlines tomorrow, and hoping I have a bit more energy for that!

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Because my Gators won today, beating #3 ranked LSU, my universal power is increased. I will use said power to summon forth the forces that be to enable you to sleep well tonight.

Nice job getting out there today despite the obstacles.