Friday, October 5, 2012

Funk

I don't know if it's the fact that vacation is over, that the weather has been so dreary or because of the female cycle, but I've been in a funk the past few days. Whatever the cause - most likely a combination of all three - it's really been messing with me - ugh! I finally managed to drag myself out the door today after dropping Sam off at daycare. Since I wasn't feeling it, I scrapped the idea of hill repeats and set out for a 5 mile run along the powerlines instead. It was misty and overcast, but the fall colors were shimmering in the maple trees along the way - very pretty. I managed to snag my foot on a bit of root that was ever so slightly poking up from the sand about a mile an a half into the run. I slammed into the ground, whacking my shoulder in the process. Ouch. I might have fallen on the sand, but hard packed sand still hurts! I lay on my back for a minute before rising. Luckily, aside from being covered in sand, and having a slight twinge in my neck, no real harm was done and I continued on my way. Perhaps the fall whacked the funk right out of me, as I managed to finish up the run strong, which was a nice surprise given how I felt initially. Hill repeats will be back on the menu tomorrow morning before work, with a long run Sunday or Monday. Hopefully the weather will clear so we can get in some apple and pumpkin picking too!

No comments: